Mental Health Specialist (Counselor)
To provide the necessary mental health treatment and social supports through individualized counselling and life skills training to adults 18 or older who, due to mental illness, would otherwise have trouble maintaining community stability and independence. Some major areas of focus include daily living skills training, accessing community resources, health and safety, financial management and social supports. Mental Health Support services are individualized, client centered and facilitated.
Clinical Services are primarily to be provided via video chat involvement with the client. The Counselor is required to assist in the development and implementation of the person-center, recovery-based treatment plan. The activities associated with the primary responsibility of this:
- Ongoing assessment of treatment needs.
- Assist in the development and ongoing monitoring and implementation of Individual Service Plan.
- Work with clients to foster the development of new improved coping, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Educate client regarding existing community services, and act as an advocate in connecting clients to these services
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to provide and/or deliver various skill building activities
- Ability and skills for enhancing caregiver roles
- Ability to assist consumers in developing daily and community living skills
- Ability to assist clients in development of leisure time interests/ activities
- Knowledge skills and ability for symptom monitoring and management
- Ability to assist consumers in developing behavior and anger management skills
- Ability and skills to maintain required confidentiality regarding client case materials in compliance with HIPPA
- Knowledge skills and abilities to provide closure and aftercare planning for each client
- Knowledge and a firm understanding of family developmental issues
To qualify as a Mental Health Specialist to provide services, the individual must have the designated clinical experience and must:
- Education: Master’s degree or higher in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling, or Psychology.
- Licensing: Current state license by the state board is required.
Accepted licenses include:
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LIMHP)
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (LMHP)
- Certified Master Social Worker (CMSW)
- Must be able to practice independently without supervision.
- No disciplinary actions on the license.
***Please indicate your license and licensed state in your application.
- Must have experience providing direct clinical services.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and sympathetic nature.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have good Wi-Fi connection.
Pay and Benefits:
- Sign-on Bonus
- Weekly direct deposit
- $90k-$104k per year depending on hours worked
- All healthcare included for full-time counselors
- Insurance provided
- Full caseload can be established within a week
- Very minimal paperwork
Onboarding takes as little as 3 days!
Apply with your CV now and get started today!